Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Long Awaited Rest

Prior to starting classes this year I made two resolutions. First, I promised to not let graduate school completely consume my life. This was short lived. Second, I promised to exercise on a regular basis in an effort to preserve some semblance of sanity. For most of the year I found time to get to the gym, and ran on a consistent basis. Halfway through the third quarter, however, my schedule fell apart, and opportunities to visit the gym were few and far between. Having finished classes, I was looking forward to spending the weekend outdoors running and hiking. Unfortunately, it rained for most of the weekend, which, for the most part, kept me housebound. In the end this turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I knew that this past quarter had taken its toll on me, but I'm not not sure I realized the extent to which this was the case. Though I've been exhausted for the past two days, I haven't been able to slow down. I suspect it’s going to be quite some time before I’m able to do so. On Saturday afternoon my wife and I took in a movie (a rarity for us), then spent the evening at home talking and watching mindless television (even rarer). It was great to spend time with her and not feel guilty for doing so. I’m looking forward to more of the same in the weeks to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home